Plants for the Iron & Steel Industry
The PLANT DIVISION specialises in the construction of plants and auxiliary equipment for the iron and steel industry, meeting the varied plant requirements that arise in this sector.
Experience acquired with numerous plants designed and built for steelworks throughout the world enables Ravagnan to provide reliable innovative solutions to customer requirements.
The main types of plant designed and built include:
- Water treatment and cooling plants for blast furnaces and coke plants;
- Water treatment and cooling plants for electric furnaces and ladle furnaces;
- Water treatment and cooling plants for walking-beam reheating furnaces;
- Water treatment and cooling plants for continuous casting;
- Water treatment and cooling plants for rolling mills;
- Treatment plants for fume and dust abatement;
- Chemical/physical plants for waste water treatment;
Our team of qualified engineers and technicians provides customers with support within short timescales and deals with the analysis of plant processes, start-up and commissioning procedures, offering customers a fully-integrated turnkey solution.
The technical department deals with the design and construction of new plants and the upgrade of existing plants, capitalising on more than 50 years of experience in the business.
The technical department provides:
- Basic, detailed and as-built designs
- Plant adaptation and optimisation designs for existing plants
- Diagnosis and consultations relating to energy savings
- Feasibility studies and cost-benefit analyses for modernisation and upgrade projects
- Technical inspections with the assessment of plant issues and improvements proposed
- Assembly works management
- Preparation of maintenance plans
- Plant start-up and management with highly-qualified engineers
Plants are designed using Autodesk programs (AUTOCAD and INVENTOR) with 3D design applications (ESAIN).